Becoming an ACAD member opens up a range of benefits. As well as access to quality training and representation, a variety of advice and support is also available to ACAD members through its partners.
ACAD (Asbestos Control and Abatement Division) was founded in 1993 by the Thermal Insulation Contractors Association (TICA) to meet the need for a trade association to improve the asbestos industry.
ACAD’s main aims and objectives are to:
- Improve overall Health & Safety standards within the industry
- Provide superior asbestos training to the industry
- Act positively to promote best working practices
- Provide accurate information to members and the industry as a whole
- Work closely with statutory bodies such as the HSE and the Environment Agency
ACAD benefits include:
- Discounted rates on ACAD training to HSE Standards throughout the UK in venues across the UK or in-house to meet your business needs.
- Specific training courses to meet individual needs including analyst and client organisations
- Employment and HR Support Helpline
- ACAD Auditing
- ACAD members enjoy 10% discount from Assure360 our preferred competency scheme partner
- Trade Association logo & certificate recognised by the HSE and client organisations
- Expert assistance with licence renewal
- Associated links to the HSE and legislative bodies
- Regular e-newsletters containing important asbestos information and regulation updates
- Access to the Member’s Only section, online publications and a display on the interactive member location map
- Access to a range of support, campaigns and helplines via ACAD’s membership of Build UK
- ACADemy magazine with discounted advertising and a ‘Meet the Members’ section
- Networking and social events such as regional meetings and the ACAD annual members’ golf day and dinner
- Access to expert industry advice from the ACAD Technical Committee.
Becoming an ACAD Member
To find our more about ACAD membership, please contact our Membership and Communications Administrator, Lynne Lambe on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01325 734131.
Types of membership
ACAD is the Asbestos Control and Abatement Division of the Thermal Insulation Contractors Association. ACAD staff work alongside TICA colleagues based at The National Training Centre in Darlington. The administrative, training and assessment teams are supported by external advisors in HR and legal, accounts and communications. ACAD’s Manager is Graham Warren.
ACAD is a member focused organisation, we represent member’s views and aspirations for our Asbestos industry. Volunteers from ACAD members make up our highly respected ACAD Technical Committee. This select group meet regularly to develop best practice and are available to support membership with any technical problems they might have.
✓ Create and improve standards in the asbestos sector
✓ Promote best practice
✓ Provide training to those working within the sector
✓ Support our members with the latest regulatory information and advice
✓ To have an influential voice with decision makers at the highest level
Full Licence Holder Membership
For companies who have held an asbestos removal licence for more than a year and have been trading longer that 2 years.
Probationary Full Licence Membership is offered to asbestos licence holders in their first year of
business and/or their first year of licensing
Maintenance Licence Holder Membership
For asbestos licence holders in their first year of business and/or their first year of licensing who meet the Full Membership criteria with the exception of the length of time they have held a licence.
Probationary Maintenance Licence Membership is offered to asbestos licence holders in their first year of business and/or their first year of licensing.
Associate Members do NOT need to hold an asbestos licence. Associate Members typically offer services such as analysis, project/risk management, supplies/equipment or consultancy. This type of membership is for UKAS accredited laboratories, suppliers, consultants, recruitment services and distributors to the industry.
Probationary Associate Membership is offered to a companies in their first year of business.
For anyone who requires an information service. This level of membership provides a cost effective way of keeping up
with legislative changes and current working practices.
Local Authority Membership
Free of charge for local authorities and not for profit organisations who require an information service only. It is also of benefit to local authorities who have a duty to manage asbestos but do not carry out asbestos works themselves.