Build UK updated trade association members including TICA at the may forum and below is a summary of current topics:
- Duty to Report – the Duty to Report on Payment Practices and Performance requires all large companies who meet at least two of the following thresholds for two consecutive financial years to report on their payment practices every six months:
- £36 million annual turnover or above
- £18 million balance sheet total or above
- 250 employees or above.
Some TICA members may have to report and detailed information about what is required can be found in the Government Guidance.
Build UK will be benchmarking its Contractor members on their results from the end of July to ensure that the information is accessible for the construction supply chain.
- Apprenticeships – Build UK attended a meeting with Minister for Construction Richard Harrington MP earlier this month to discuss apprenticeships, the Apprenticeship Levy and T Levels and the issues raised can be found in our internal briefing note.
- Modern Slavery – The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), supported by Build UK, has launched a best practice toolkit to help the construction industry tackle modern slavery.
- Mental Health – there is a range of work being undertaken on the issue of mental health and we will share further information regarding the initiative that Build UK is supporting in future updates. TICA will be supporting MIND – the mental health charity – for the year 2018/19 and will launch our fundraising activities at our upcoming Annual Lunch in October.