Following the liquidation of Carillion last month, please find below the latest update on the work that Build UK is doing to represent the industry to Government and support those members directly affected.
Please share this information with colleagues within your business or members of your Trade Association.
Information for Members
- If you haven’t been paid for goods or services you’ve supplied to the Carillion companies in liquidation, or you have paid Carillion for goods and services you haven’t received, you should register as a creditor. PwC has published guidance on making a claim, which should be made using the Proof of Debt form and submitted to the Official Receiver.
- If you are continuing to provide goods and services as agreed with PwC, to ensure you are paid promptly, you should ensure:
- Invoices are addressed to the Carillion legal entity which suppliers are contracted to;
- Invoices include a valid Purchase Order number; and
- The total value of all invoices submitted does not exceed the value of the Purchase Order.
- Build UK and CECA’s factsheet provides information on which Carillion companies have entered liquidation. Currently Carillion Plc and 16 companies linked or trading under Carillion plc have entered liquidation, with more expected.
- To support and help retain the Carillion workforce employers with job vacancies can:
- Build UK is collating information on the effects of Carillion’s collapse, including claims made under credit insurance policies. If you, or your members have been affected by this, please share the details confidentially to Laura Smith.