Support for Members
Wedlake Bell provides the Build UK Legal and Contractual helpline, which TICA members can access. They will be producing a factsheet for members who have outstanding payments with Carillion and this will be available later this week. In the meantime, if affected, we would advise you to take the following steps:
- Visit PwC’s dedicated website or call 0800 063 9282
- Begin collating the following information for each project so that it is available should you be asked for it:
- Contract documents
- Outstanding invoices
- A list of any plant and machinery currently on site with proof of ownership.
Build UK attended a meeting with the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy on Monday evening, raising the industry’s concerns about the risk of a domino effect in the supply chain and the need for Government to extend support for private sector projects. Suzannah Nichol has also had a strong presence in the media, including BBC News, The Guardian, The Telegraph and Newsnight.
To ensure that we are able to support members and provide information to the Government on the impact on the supply chain we are looking to understand:
- Specific challenges with any Carillion projects e.g. where sites are closed
- The amount(s) that businesses are owed and the % of turnover this represents
- Other impacts on business e.g. staffing levels, ability to fulfil other contracts.