Job title: Junior Estimator
Salary: £25-30k Dependant on Experience
Hours: 40 Hour Week
Location: Croydon, Surrey, CR0 4WD
Purpose of the position
An office based position, to work predominately as an estimator, within the Contracts Department of both the Thermal Insulation and Flue & Chimney companies. This will suit an individual with specific experience with estimating and tendering projects, and that has been working within the H&V/Building Services/Construction industry, and ideally with a mechanical/heating/ventilation background. The successful applicant will be shown specific systems of work, but will be expected to have the ability to work independently from the point of undertaking the post and joining the company.
Responsibilities & Duties (These include, but are not restricted to)
Responsibility 1 – The logging of Thermal/Acoustic/Fire Rating/Flue and Chimney tenders, to maintain an efficient service to our wide ranging client base covering small, medium and major projects. Tender return dates must be managed to avoid late returns.
Responsibility 2 – The estimating and pricing of postal, electronically submitted and site measured surveys. In the main, our quotations are compiled using Ensign industry software, to pricing smaller quotes from an established Schedule of Rates. Whilst a specific knowledge of the software is not critical, as full training will be given, knowledge and experience of MS Office and Excel is essential.
Responsibility 3 – Where necessary compile any queries relating to the project to establish if any information has been omitted, or not detailed correctly, and in turn contact the client to request additional information, or to detail any qualifications, or exclusions clearly in the quotation to be submitted.
Responsibility 4 – To follow up relevant tenders with a telephone call to ensure the tender met with approval. To ensure there weren’t any misinterpretations producing an incorrect submittal, or to ensure that any changes the client would now wish to make can be implemented. It serves as an opportunity to evaluate how our quote was received and if they were happy with the tendering process. In some cases it may be necessary to meet with the client to verify quotation.
Academic & Trade Qualifications
• Aside from a knowledge of the Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc), there are not any formal academic or qualifications requirements.
• Completed a first level BTEC/NVQ/HNC qualification relating to the Construction/Building Services/Heating & Ventilation Industry.
Work Experience & Skills
• Minimum 3 years work experience
• Working within an Estimating Department
• Familiar with HVAC drawings and layouts
• The ability to build a material take off from mechanical services drawings
• Familiar with typing up quotations to a set format
• Experience with the scrutinising of specification
• Being able to talk through a tender and ask relevant questions
• Well organised
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Ability to work under pressure
• Attention to detail
• Ability to record and relay information efficiently
• Dedication (to deliver a high level of service)
• Commitment (looking after client needs)
You will be working from the office on the Wallington/Croydon border, but there will be possibly the requirement to attend meetings/sites, to discuss tenders.
Please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com